Direct the Flow of Water
What do Pool Valves Do?
Just like the sinks, showers, and bathtubs in your home use faucets to control the flow of water, a pool plumbing system uses pool valves to direct the flow of water to where it is needed, or to prevent the flow of water where it is not wanted.
Why Choose Jandy?
Jandy set the standard for swimming pool valves with the groundbreaking Jandy Valve that revolutionized pool plumbing. A distinctive three-way valve, the unsurpassed Jandy Valve helps simplify complex plumbing layouts so you can feel confident that your pool will operate smoothly time and again.
- Lifetime Warranty
- Long-Lasting Durability
- Reliable Performance
- Easy Installation
Different Types of Valves
The most requested swimming pool valve on the market is the Jandy Diverter Valve. Jandy diverter pool valves divert water and are available with two or three ports. A 2-port valve essentially acts as a 1-way-in / 1-way-out valve, allowing for water flow to be shut off completely or to restrict the flow of water for a lower flow rate. A 3-port valve provides more flexibility with one in-port and two out-ports that regulate the direction water flows by either:
- Isolating the flow to one pipe
- Splitting the flow between two pipes
- Restricting / preventing flow from an incoming pipe
A pool check valve is a type of pool valve that provides for one-way water flow, or more importantly, to prevent the flow of water in the opposite direction. Some pool check valves also allow you to monitor the flow of water through a clear lid to ensure proper pool check valve operation. Pool check valves are most commonly used for the following reasons:
- For pool pads installed on higher ground or several feet above the pool water level to prevent water from draining back into the pool when the pump is not running.
- To prevent backflow of water from a chlorinator into a heater or filter. This water contains a high concentration of chlorine and can potentially damage the pool heater.
- To prevent backflow of water into a spa air blower which will damage the blower's motor.
- To prevent cycling of water in a loop, e.g. solar heater systems.
Pool valve actuators automate the movement of a valve, and thus the directional flow of water, at the push of a button — even from inside your home. Paired with the AquaLink® automation and an iQ20 web-connect device, you can even control diverter valves anytime, anywhere from your mobile device using the FREE iAquaLink™ app.See the technology