Frequently Asked Questions
Click a frequently asked question below to see the answer.
Dirt returns to pool.
1. Hole in filter cartridge, replace filter cartridge if necessary.
2. Worn o-ring seal inside filter. Replace o-ring.
High pressure on start up.
1. Small eyeball fitting in pool/spa
2. Partially closed valve on return line.
3. Pump may be oversized. Check selection.
4. Filter dirty. Clean filter per instructions.
Low water flow.
1. Check pump basket for debris.
2. Check for air leaks on suction side.
3. Check for restrictions or blockage in either suction or return lines.
4. Filter needs to be cleaned or replaced.
5. Pool water level too low.
6. Pump not primed.
7. Pump impeller vanes blocked.
8. Strainer baskets not being used and/or not being cleaned regularly.
9.Pump operating under speed (low voltage) or at low speed.
Short filter cycles.
1. Presence of algae. Check sanitizer levels.
2. Check pH and total alkalinity.
3. Pump output exceeds design flow rate of filter. Check pump performance.
4. Ineffective cleaning, check conditions, replace filter cartridge.
Water is not clear.
1. Insufficient sanitizer level.
2. Incorrect pool chemistry.
3. Heavy bathing and or dirt loads.
4. Incorrect flow.
5. Insufficient running times.
6. Filter is dirty. (Clean per instructions.)
7. Hole in filter element.