DEV Diatomaceous Earth
Nature’s Water Polisher
Diatomaceous earth is a natural, eco-friendly water polisher. Made of tiny fossil exoskeletons, diatomaceous earth is a safe and natural water polisher. The DEV filter traps debris as small as 5 microns, returning highly filtered water to your pool.
DEV filters have a curved grid design that creates balanced water flow throughout the filter tank, and are constructed with a heavy-duty, durable composite body made of corrosion- and UV-resistant materials.
DEV Diatomaceous Earth Specifications
DEV Diatomaceous Earth Downloads
DEV Diatomaceous Earth Frequently asked questions
- Hole in filter cartridge, replace filter cartridge if necessary.
- Worn o-ring seal inside filter. Replace o-ring.
- Small eyeball fitting in pool/spa
- Partially closed valve on return line.
- Pump may be oversized. Check selection.
- Filter dirty. Clean filter per instructions.
- Check pump basket for debris.
- Check for air leaks on suction side.
- Check for restrictions or blockage in either suction or return lines.
- Filter needs to be cleaned or replaced.
- Pool water level too low.
- Pump not primed.
- Pump impeller vanes blocked.
- Strainer baskets not being used and/or not being cleaned regularly.
- Pump operating under speed (low voltage) or at low speed.
- Presence of algae. Check sanitizer levels.
- Check pH and total alkalinity.
- Pump output exceeds design flow rate of filter. Check pump performance.
- Ineffective cleaning, check conditions, replace filter cartridge.
- Insufficient sanitizer level.
- Incorrect pool chemistry.
- Heavy bathing and or dirt loads.
- Incorrect flow.
- Insufficient running times.
- Filter is dirty. (Clean per instructions.)
- Hole in filter element.